Finished 18 gauge cotton wick, cut 15 cm high, ideal for candles from 5 to 7 cm in diameter. It includes the waxed wick + the metal wick holder and is ready to be placed in your candles. It is ideal for making scented candles and candles. It also works very well with soy wax, paraffins, and GV waxes. Easy, fast and convenient to use! And it is already prepared for your elaboration. It is a cotton wick with a cotton core, waxed, cut to 15 cm, and ready to place in the candle. Choosing one thickness or another will depend on the diameter of the candle and other important factors, such as the melting point of the wax, the addition of additives or the use of dye and essence. Read on to see how to choose the most suitable wick for your candles and the different ways to attach the wick to the candles.
Buy finished wick
At Gran Velada you can buy finished wicks or wicks for candles of different thickness sizes. It includes the wick + the metal wick holder and is ready to place in your candles. It is ideal for making scented candles and candles. It also works great with soy wax. Easy, fast and convenient to use! And it is already prepared for your elaboration.
It is an essential material when making candles, since it is responsible for the candle burning, so choosing it properly is essential for correct combustion. It is a cotton wick with a cotton core, waxed, cut to 15 cm, and ready to place in the candle. Its thickness varies, that is, the number of filaments it has.
How to choose the wick
When choosing the thickness of the wick you must take into account:
- The diameter of the sail: that is, how thick the sail is going to be. To do this, you only have to measure the width of the mold or container. For example, if the mold is 6 cm wide, the recommended wick will be 18 gauge. for candles 5-7 cm in diameter.
- The melting point of the wax used: the higher the melting point of the wax, the thicker the wick should be, since it will take longer to burn and therefore the wick will have to be stronger.
- The use of additives: if you use additives, the melting point will be higher, so it is important to take this into account. The addition of coloring and aromatic essence also influences.
There are several factors that must be taken into account when opting for one wick or another, which is why our recommendation is that you always do a test with different wicks to see how they burn. In this way you will ensure better results if you are going to manufacture a large number of candles.
How to place the finished wick
There are various techniques to place the wick and everything basically depends on the preparation that you are going to do:
- Scented candles: You have to stick the wick holder at the base of the container and fill with the melted wax.
- Candles type cirio: When the mold does not have a base, the wick + the wick holder is placed in the center of the mold and is held at the top with a support for wicks. The mold is filled and, when it has solidified, the candle is demolded. Once finished you can put a little hot wax on the base to seal the wick holder.
Where to buy finished wick for candles?
At www.granvelada.mx you can buy finished wicks for candles. You will also find all the necessary materials to make your own handmade candles. Process your order comfortably, quickly and 100% securely through our online store. Fast shipping.